10/30/08

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

|||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I|||II|I|||||I|I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|||||
|||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I|||II|I|||||I|I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|||||

//////////////////////////Biography ‎Roͬͬ͠͠͡͠͠͠͠͠͠͠͠sͬͬ͠͠͠͠͠͠͠͠͠aͬͬ͠͠͠͠͠͠͠ Menkman
»ЯOSΛ MEИKMΛN (CV one page)
Every technology possesses its own inherent accidents. 
I am a Dutch artist and theorist who likes to focus on visual artifacts created by accidents in both analogue and digital media. The visuals I make are the result of glitches, compressions, feedback and other forms of noise. Although many people perceive these accidents as negative experiences, I emphasize their positive consequences: I believe that these artifacts facilitate an important insight into the otherwise obscure world of media resolutions.
By combining both my practical as well as my academic background, I intend to merge my practice into a grand theory artifacts (a study of glitch ecologies). 
Since 2007 I have been narrowing down my focus on both performances and static work, such as “Vernacular of File Formats" and my “Acousmatic Videoscapes”, in which I connect both sound and video artifacts conceptually, technically and narratively. Right now I am interested in considering alternative ways for performative lecturing.

——-
In 2011 Rosa Menkman wrote the Glitch Moment/um, a book on the exploitation and popularization of glitch artifacts (published by the Institute of Network Cultures), co-facilitated the GLI.TC/H festivals in both Chicago and Amsterdam and curated the Aesthetics symposium of Transmediale 2012. Since 2012 she has been curating exhibitions that intend to illuminate the different ecologies of glitch. She is also pursuing a PhD at Goldsmiths, London under the supervision of Matthew Fuller and Geert Lovink. 

|||I|I|I|II|I|||||I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I|I|I||II|I||||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|||||I||||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I|I|I| I|I||II|I|||||I||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|||||I|I| I|I||II|I|||||II|I|||||I|I|I|I|I||II|I|More||||I|


|||I|I|I|II|I||| Rosa Menkman will tweak out with headliner Eat Rabbit, projecting a rapid-fire pixelated overload reminiscent of a Chris Cunningham Nintendo Nightmare. Time Out New York (17/12/09)
 
|||I|I|I|II|I||| Our best machines are made of sunshine; they are all light and clean because they are nothing but signals, electromagnetic waves, a section of a spectrum. Haraway, Donna. “A Manifesto for Cyborgs” 1985.


|||I|I|I|II|I||| What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet Shakespeare 1594
Interviews: TCTD / Klik Magazine / Nisimazine / Radio Fro / Vague Terrain / Dinca / MUBI / BITSYNTHESIS  / Rhizome  / CREATE DIGITAL MOTION
presentations: Les valenciennes, TEDxUtrecht, Society of the Query

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////|I|I||II|I|||||I|


No comments: